This is a full day tour, and it has been designed for those that can and want to invest a whole day outside of Barcelona. It involves more free time than our other tours, making it a more exhaustive option to discover the Montserrat area and everything it has to offer. However, the shared content and information is the same than in the shorter versions of this tour, like the Montserrat, Tapas and Wine. Sink deep into the countryside surrounding Barcelona thanks to this unforgettable day!
Welcome to our extended and most complete full day experience combining both history and wine in a one-day excursion around Barcelona that will leave you asking for more! We have a full day to sink you deep into our wine country, traditions and history thanks to the wonderful Monastery of Montserrat and its scenic surroundings where we find many local wineries and Mediterranean vineyards.
In this guided tour you will enjoy the intimacy our small groups provide throughout the entire day. Your Castlexperience English-speaking local tour guide will take you to the stunning Montserrat massif, where you will spend hours visiting the area, both with your guide and also on your own. This tour includes extra free time (2 hours and 15 minutes approx.) for you to make the most out of the majestic surroundings of Montserrat!
The tour will also take you to a low production-focused, family-run local winery in the area. It is there that you will get in touch with the local traditions of both Spain and Catalonia, amidst vineyards and a great historical background! We select the wineries we visit carefully, taking authenticity and cultural values in high regards. You will enjoy an introduction to wine tasting thanks to your Castlexperience tour guide, who will provide with three local wines to taste and many explanations!
In between both stops you will enjoy a full traditional lunch prepared in a local restaurant with seasonal ingredients. A full restoring meal to keep going with this full day experience!
Approximate Tour Schedule
||Meet at Castlexperience Office (1st Floor - Section B - Ticket office A, B or C). Estación de autobuses Barcelona Nord (North Bus Station). Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80 (5 min from Arc de Triomf) YOU MUST CHECK-IN IN THE FIRST FLOOR BEFORE GOING TO THE BUSES AREA (GROUND FLOOR)
||Departure for Montserrat
||Guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
|| Free time at Montserrat (around 2 hour)
||Meet your tour guide again
||Departure for the winery
||Multi-course lunch with wine at a local restaurant
||Guided visit through the vineyards and the winery
||Wine tasting (3 local wines)
||Departure for Barcelona
|7:00 – 7:30 pm*
||Arrival to Barcelona Nord (North Bus Station)
||*Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable bus with air conditioning Local English-speaking guide.
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery (around 1 hour).
- Chance to see La Moreneta, Montserrat’s black Madonna, and attending the Boys’ Choir act (l’Escolania)*.
- Multi-course traditional meal with wine and seasonal ingredients.
- Guided visit to a family run, traditional Catalan winery Tasting of three local wines.
- Possibility to buy the wine at the cellar (shipping available).
- Small groups! There is a maximum of 20 people per guide.
- Extended free time to enjoy Montserrat (around 2 hours)
*Please note that l’Escolania does not sing on Saturdays, school holidays and several dates throughout the year. Contact us beforehand in case this aspect is crucial for you.
- Pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- Tips and gratuities
- Meeting point is Castlexperience Office (1st Floor - Section B - Ticket office A, B or C). Estación de autobuses Barcelona Nord (North Bus Station). Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80 (5 min from Arc de Triomf). You must check-in the first floor before going to the buses area (Ground floor).
- Please be at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Once at the meeting point, please look for a bright pink umbrella.
- All tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late arrivals or no shows may be rescheduled, but not refunded.
- There is a limit of 20 people per group.
- Transportation will be shared with other groups.
- Castlexperience Wine Tours is composed of a deeply committed team of people. We are working hard in our team, and with all our partners, to be up to the current circumstances. When operating, all Castlexperience Wine Tours services will abide by all health and security policies issued by the competent administrations. Our top priority is and will be ensuring a safe environment for all our customers and our team.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify itinerary if considered necessary. Please notify us beforehand if you are interested in hearing the Boys' Choir during this experience.
- You may book this as a private tour, and also in other languages. Check out this link for more information.
- If you have reduced mobility, please contact us before booking. We do our best to welcome everyone on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
- Temperatures at Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona. Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly. We advise bringing water, especially in the summer season.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge but note that no car seat or meals are provided.
- All dietary allergies or restrictions are catered for.