Montserrat, Tapas & Wine
Enjoy this cozy half day tour in the surroundings of Barcelona. Three must-do activities in one morning: Montserrat, Spanish Tapas and Catalan Wine are put together in this unforgettable experience. All our wines are organic, with Oller del Mas’ Petit Bernat having been awarded a Carbon Footprint certification.
Take a stroll through the Sanctuary of Montserrat and visit its main highlights. Learn about the combination between traditional techniques and new technologies used to make organic wines. Discover the art and passion of wine tasting through your eyes, nose and palate. Sample an assortment of traditional Catalan tapas and a dessert. All that, and much more, included in this seven-hour long tour, that will go by in the blink of an eye!
This tour is perfect for you if… you are eager to make the most of your time in Barcelona and want to get a real feel of the real Catalan wines, food and culture.
This wine tour departs from Plaza Cataluña, the main square in Barcelona city center. In our drive up to Montserrat the tour guide will give you a useful introduction to Barcelona’s history and Catalan culture. That will surely shorten the hour drive up to Montserrat’s Abbey.
Our guided visit to Montserrat will last for just over an hour. This allows discovering the highlights of this amazing mountain. You will enjoy some of the most breathtaking views in the region, the legendary monastery with the black Madonna at distance. You will be accompanied by one of our guides at all times.
After a short drive to Oller del Mas Cellar, you will enjoy a widely valued activity. In our short story we have proven a great deal of quality due to our commitment to the client and the familiar atmosphere of this tour. Our guides have been trained by the oenologist of the cellar and the owner of the state. In the first hour they will introduce you to the truly engaging world of wine. All the different stages of the wine will be at your reach! The vines – beautiful all year long –, the production plant, the cellar, and also some rooms in the medieval Castle. A castle with some parts built in the 10th Century. And finally the wine tasting will along with some Catalan tapas will be served. A great opportunity to try organic top Spanish wines, as the best products are offered for you to appreciate.
- Visit the spiritual natural surroundings in Montserrat’s Natural Park and Sanctuary
- Walk along the “magic mountain” where nature, religion, history and Catalan identity meet together.
- Enjoy the spectacular views and feel the spirituality that Montserrat has to offer
- Get to see from distance “La Moreneta”, the black Madonna of Montserrat’s Basilica
- Tour Oller del Mas, an ancient winery-castle, and taste its best wines.
Schedule & Itinerary
08:30 Meet at Plaza Catalunya in front of Hard Rock Café
09:45 An amazing guided tour of Montserrat, the magic mountain
11:45 Departure to Oller del Mas
12:15 Arrival at Oller del Mas Winery
13:15 Wine Tasting and tapas at the castle
14:30 Departure to Barcelona**
* Please note that this schedule is approximate.
** The way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Professional English speaking local guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat’s Natural Park and Sanctuary
- Half an hour free time at Montserrat*
- Entrance fee to Oller del Mas Cellar
- Guided visit through the winery, the castle and the vines
- Wine tasting (3 organic wines)
- Tapas meal, consisting of the degustation of six traditional dishes and dessert.
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted and to ship them to your home
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
* Please note that the free time during this tour does not allow enough time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, touch the Black Madonna, or ride the funicular. Check our full-day Montserrat, Food & Wine Tour if you are interested in these activities.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- The meeting point is Plaza Catalunya, 21 (in front of the Hard Rock Cafe)
- There will be someone holding a bright pink umbrella
- The tour starts at 8:45 am, so please be there 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded.
- There is a limit of 15 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups.
- In Montserrat it is always slightly colder in winter and hotter in summer in comparison with Barcelona, so please bring suitable clothing for the weather.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but not that no car seat or meals are provided.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
Plaça Catalunya, 21