Montserrat, Tapas & Wine
Enjoy this cozy half day tour in the surroundings of Barcelona. Three must-do activities in one morning: Montserrat, Spanish Tapas and Catalan Wine are put together in this unforgettable experience. All our wines are organic, with Oller del Mas’ Petit Bernat having been awarded a Carbon Footprint certification.
A break in nature during your holiday in Barcelona. Visit Montserrat Monastery and enjoy an organic wine tasting as well as a tapas lunch at Oller del Mas, a castle surrounded by gorgeous vineyards with jaw-dropping views. Local culture, nature, wine and tapas in a 7-hour long tour – what else can you ask for?
This tour is perfect for you if… you are eager to make the most of your time in Barcelona and want to get a real feel of the real Catalan wines, food and culture.
Upon arrival to our meeting point, you will be introduced to your local guide and the rest of the group. When everyone is set, we will depart to Montserrat Monastery, located an hour away from central Barcelona.
Montserrat is a unique mountain in the world, certainly worth a visit if you are in Barcelona. It is considered to be the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature, and spirituality. Your guide will provide plenty of information about it all during the guided visit. You will see the atrium, where many events of the country’s history are depicted; the Basilica, inside of which sits the Black Madonna, and its outstanding façade. You will also see the 15th century cloister and Santa Maria square.
At the end of the guided visit you will have some free time (around half an hour) to browse the Monastery’s souvenir shop, get a cup of coffee, discover local cheese and honey from Farmer’s Market, or soak in the magnificent views of the famous Stairway to Heaven.
Oller del Mas Cellar
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds Oller del Mas, located at the feet of Montserrat. The drive from the monastery offers wonderful views of the mountain and the region – make sure not to miss them!
Oller del Mas is one of the most important wineries in Catalonia, having recently earned the “vi de finca”, the highest distinction for Spanish wines, and the “Best Wine Experience” award in 2016. This organic cellar is located in a 10th-century castle, which you will be exclusively allowed to explore with your guide. During the wine tour you will visit the vineyards, the barrels room, and the wine production area.
The wine tasting will take place at the end of the visit. You will be able to sample three ecological wines paired with a tasty cold tapas lunch with dessert. We cater for any special dietary requirements such as vegetarian or gluten-free diets. Your guide will ask you about it at the beginning of the tour.
- Discover the amazing mountain and monastery of Montserrat in a small group
- Browse the souvenir shop and the Farmer’s Market
- Explore the grounds of Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Stroll through the vineyards and the cellar
- Sample three ecological château wines
- Enjoy a delicious local tapas lunch
Schedule & Itinerary
08:30 Meet at Plaza Catalunya in front of Hard Rock Café
09:45 An amazing guided tour of Montserrat, the magic mountain
11:45 Departure to Oller del Mas
12:15 Arrival at Oller del Mas Winery
13:15 Wine Tasting and tapas at the castle
14:30 Departure to Barcelona**
* Please note that this schedule is approximate.
** The way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery (1 hour)
- 30-minutes free time at Montserrat*
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three ecological wine tasting
- Tapas lunch with dessert
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
*Please note that the free time during this tour does not allow enough time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, touch the Black Madonna, or ride the funicular. Check our full-day Montserrat, Food & Wine Tour if you are interested in these activities.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- The meeting point is Plaza Catalunya, 21 (in front of the Hard Rock Cafe).
- There will be someone holding a bright pink umbrella.
- The tour departs at 8:45 am – meet strictly at 8:30 am.
- Our tours depart on time to avoid delays. Please note that late shows or no shows are not refunded.
- There is a limit of 15 people per group, although we reserve the right to extend the limit to 18.
- Transportation may be shared with other groups.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify the order of the sites visited if considered necessary.
- This tour can be booked as private, also in other languages. Please contact us for more information.
- If you have reduced mobility, contact us before booking. We’ll do our best to welcome you on board!
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved.
Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in Barcelona.
- Please check the weather forecast the day before and dress accordingly.
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but not that no car seat or meals are provided.
- We cater for any dietary allergies or restrictions.
Plaça Catalunya, 21